Career and Internship Services will once again be hosting the St. Paul Campus Job & Internship Fair this fall!
St. Paul Campus Job & Internship Fair
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
10:00am – 3:00pm
North Star Ballroom, St. Paul Student Center
Attend this career fair intended to help students and employers connect regarding full-time jobs and internships! Fields represented include agriculture, animal science, banking/finance, bio-based products, business, communication, food industry, marketing, sales and retail. Open to undergraduate and graduate students as well as alumni from all University of Minnesota campuses!
We are hiring for “Child-Care Assistants” at Minneapolis Kids, an after-school program at various public elementary schools across Minneapolis. If students would like to find out more about the position, they can visit our website at: http://mplskids.mpls.k12.mn.us/employment.html
We are hosting several hiring fairs in the upcoming weeks to prepare for the school year where candidates can come in, apply, have an interview, and potentially fill out paperwork to begin their new job. Our first hiring fair is on July 23rd from 12:00-3:00pm at the Davis Center, 1250 W. Broadway, Minneapolis, MN 55411. The second hiring fair will take place on August 21st from 12:00-3:00pm. The third hiring fair will be on September 10th from 10:00am-1:00pm.
For any questions or additional information, contact Devin Carter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minneapolis Public Schools: http://mplskids.mpls.k12.mn.us
This fall, Idealist.org is bringing hundreds of grad schools to 18 cities across the country. If you’ve been thinking of applying to grad school, this is a great opportunity to meet in person with admissions staff from a variety of programs focused on the public good.
The fairs are free, and it would be great to see you there. To RSVP and for more information – including a list of all the schools that will be attending in your city – please click on this link:
Click on your city, and then on the RSVP button at the top of each page.
Here’s the full schedule (all the fairs run from 5:00 to 8:00 PM):
New York – September 16
Philadelphia – September 23
Boston – September 25
Baltimore – September 30
Washington DC – October 1
Ann Arbor – October 3
Minneapolis – October 7
Chicago – October 8
Miami (Coral Gables) – October 15
Houston – October 17
Austin – October 22
Atlanta – October 23
Charlotte – October 24
Seattle – October 28
Portland – October 29
Denver – November 4
San Francisco – November 6
Los Angeles – November 7
To get a feel for the fairs, check out this short video, shot at an Idealist Grad Fair in 2013:
Wednesday, July 2412:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Humphrey Center 289
301 19th Ave. S
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Make your application stand out from the rest. Attend this workshop to learn how a recruiter assesses applicants to match them to available assignments and how to strengthen your application. You will have your questions answered, learn steps you can take on campus and in your community to improve your application, and gain valuable tips to guide you through the application process. Recent grads and incoming seniors should apply now.
General Information Session
Wednesday, August 145:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Humphrey Center 289
301 19th Ave. S
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Make a difference in the lives of others and your own. Serving in the Peace Corps is a great way to help a community in need, immerse yourself in a new culture, learn a new language, and have the experience of a lifetime. Join us at this Information Session to learn about Volunteer experiences, benefits, how to qualify, and how to apply.
POSITION: Healthy Families Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Regular, Hourly, Non-Exempt, Benefits Eligible
LOCATION: Waite House, 2323 11 Av S, Minneapolis, MN 55404
CLOSING DATE: June 16, 2013
Pillsbury United Communities is a community-based, venture oriented non-profit agency. Our purpose is to help people out of poverty by developing strong relationships with individuals and their families. The foundation of our work originates with engaging and merging multiple constituencies: neighborhood residents, sister agencies, government agencies, funding sources and anyone else who is interested in the health and viability of our communities.
• Bachelor’s degree in youth work or public health-related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience working in nutrition or fitness related programming
• Experience working with youth and families, preferably facilitating groups
• Experience and skill in tracking and evaluating progress through database and case notes
• Ability to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 11 AM and 8 PM, including Saturdays
• Knowledge of youth development and the ability to facilitate developmentally appropriate group activities
• Knowledge of and interest in concepts of healthy living and chronic disease prevention
• Knowledge of Phillips/South Minneapolis community organizations and resources
• Understanding of the barriers created by poverty and racism
• Skills in program development including planning, implementation, and evaluation
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English and Spanish language preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Ability to communicate and work respectfully with different cultures, groups, and languages
• Valid Minnesota driver’s license and the ability to meet the agency’s driving requirements
• Develop and implement all components of family fitness and nutrition programs
• Coordinate, schedule and implement family program activities, health assessments, and classes
• Oversee data collection and reporting, track participant engagement and progress
• Evaluate programs and families’ success and ensure program operation meets guidelines
• Implement and report on work plan consistent with Healthy Together and Vida Sana contracts
• Support to 45 participating families to understand the program requirements, benefits, and materials
• Facilitate program orientations, focus groups, and outreach events
• Coordinate and oversee nutrition programming and fitness activities for various age groups
• Provide oversight and guidance, ensure that activities are aligned with contract goals and work plan
• Oversee weekly family activities, including co-facilitating youth and/or adult groups
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records
• Transport participants as needed
Agency’s Website: www.puc-mn.org
APPLY ONLINE: https://careers-macc.icims.com