Tubman is seeking a full time Youth Advocate to provide advocacy services at both our Minneapolis and East side shelter locations.
Promote safety of children and families through administration of crisis services, security maintenance, early intervention and prevention.
Provide on-going individualized, intensive supportive care to children and families through individual meetings and groups. Network with other counselors through written, verbal and computerized communication. Promote family healing through creation of fun environment, provision of family activities, and respite childcare. Promote trusting relationships with clients, with adherence to professional boundaries. Maintain up to date referrals information and provide to families.
Tubman provides ample opportunity for professional growth and has a very good benefit package, with salary dependent upon experience and qualifications.
• Undergraduate degree in related field
• Experience and knowledge with crisis phone services
• Two years direct service experience related to domestic violence and working in a residential domestic violence environment
• Ability to engage individuals and families in activities that encourage peaceful relationships and goal attainment
• Experience working with social and community services in collaborative effort
• Understanding of teamwork and the ability to apply teamwork with the agency
• Experience in dealing with crisis situations and violent behaviors
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter by March 26, 2012 to: email@example.com. Or: Tubman’s Chrysalis Center, Attn: HR Dept. 4432 Chicago Ave. S, Mpls. MN 55407
People of color and multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA
Tubman’s philosophy is rooted in our namesake, Harriet. Facing unrelenting adversities, she advised others to simply, “Keep going…” Tubman offers safety and understanding to anyone facing violence, chemical dependency or mental health challenges – over 54,000 each year. We welcome all, from new-born to age 90, with a continuum of services based on decades of research and expertise, and encourage social justice through information. We believe that no challenge is too big, and no hurt is too small. With the best professional staff, Tubman is here.