Volunteer positions are available at locations throughout the Twin Cities, with a 1-2 day/week commitment for 7-8 weeks over the summer months.
PPL Summer Youth Programs
We are looking for consistent, enthusiastic volunteers to work with great kids this summer. PPL’s Youth Development programs provide support and opportunities for youth from low-income communities to strengthen academic engagement, improve literacy skills, and build confidence over the summer months. We currently have five summer programs in the Metro area:
Roots ‘n Reading:
- Roots ‘n’ Reading at Fort Road Flats Apartments (2242 W 7th St., St. Paul): Tue and/or Thurs, 5:30 – 7:30 pm June 9th-Aug 6th.
- Roots ‘n’ Reading at PPL Wilkins Apartments & Townhomes (710 Selby Ave., St. Paul): Tue and/or Thurs, 5:30-7:30 pm June 9th – Aug. 6th.
- Roots ‘n’ Reading at Linden Place Apartments (5501 Boone Ave. N, New Hope): Mon and/or Wed, 5:30-7:30 pm June 8th – Aug. 5th.
- City Explorers – Bethlehem Community Center (2539 Pleasant Ave. S, Minneapolis): Mon and/or Wed, 10am – 12 pm, 6/17-8/6 (no program 7/15).
- City Explorers – Collaborative Village Initiative (2020 Elliot Ave., Minneapolis): Mon, Tue & Wed, 10 am – 12 pm, 6/16 – 8/6.
You can learn more about these programs and apply at www.ppl-inc.org/how-to-help/volunteer.