Summer Camp GROUP LEADER – Part Time Hours (20-35 per week) & Full Time hours (35-40 per week) University Youth & Community Programs
University Youth & Community Programs has been offering unique and high quality summer camps to youth, ages 5-15, for over 25 years. Instruction in a variety of specialty topics is combined with a well-rounded recreation program that features the resources and facilities of the Twin Cities Campus. A convenient location and extended daytime hours add to the popularity. Youth attend one or more weeks throughout the summer. Age appropriate groups are kept to a small, 1:7 ratio of adults to youth for a fun summer experience for all.
Monday – Friday
Shift to be scheduled between 7am and 6pm
Rate: $8.25 & up
• Age 18 or older
• Experience working youth ages 5-15.
• Experience implementing youth activities and supervising youth in groups of 8 to 20.
• Willing and able to swim & physically play with youth on a daily basis.
• Flexible, creative and articulate.
• Available to work 10 full weeks, Monday through Friday, during the program dates June 10 – August 23, 2013 (No camps week of July 1-5)
• Available for interviews on one or more dates: afternoon or evening times March 7, 11, or 18; morning or day time hours March 14
• Available to attend the required training sessions on June 3 and June 4 (evening), and Sunday, June 9 (approximately 2-8pm)
• Completion of all staff training prior to program start date (CPR, First Aid, AED, Blood borne Pathogens, belaying for rock climbing, online courses, etc.). Training is provided as needed after hiring.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – in addition to the required qualifications
• Age 19 or older
• Training in child development, elementary education, early childhood, recreation, or similar fields.
• Experience in a day camp, recreation, or school age care setting.
• Outgoing and energetic personality.
• Organized and highly responsible.
• Experience working as a member of a team.
• Customer service or public relations experience and training.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide a safe environment for youth ages 5-15.
• Supervise and participate with groups of youth in a variety of indoor and outdoor activities, including swimming, rock climbing, games, arts/crafts, field trips and more.
• Plan and lead organized games and other age appropriate activities.
• Interact and relate with youth and serve as a positive role model.
• Work as a team with other Group Leaders, Instructors, and Supervisors.
• Be an ambassador for the University of Minnesota and Youth Programs on and off of campus.
• Assist with daily set-up, daily clean up, and transportation.
• Carry out the goals, themes and schedule of the program to provide a consistent and high quality experience.
• Other duties as assigned.
APPLY ONLINE at http://employment.umn.edu
Part Time: Requisition #: 182726 (student) 182727 (non-student)
Full Time: Requisition #: 182679 (student) 182725 (non-student)