The Research Associate – Reading & Literacy works as part of a research team on a variety of projects involving educational assessment and instructional technology. This position will assist in the management of resources across projects of varying complexity, leading communication efforts both internally and externally, and participating in all phases of research projects, including research design, project management, data collection, and analysis. The Research Associate – Reading & Literacy will also collaborate with researchers in responding to external requests for information, external grant applications, and in preparing study results for publication or presentation.
Specifically, this position will serve as an in-house expert on early reading and literacy development, providing guidance and conducting research in support of Wireless Generation’s products including mCLASS®:DIBELS®, mCLASS®:Reading3D™ – Text Reading and Comprehension, and Burst®:Reading.
Responsibilities of the Research Associate- Reading & Literacy:
* Lead, coordinate, and conduct education research projects of varying complexity
* Draft high-quality study reports and other publications
* Contribute to the design of research and evaluation studies, including evaluation and efficacy studies based on experimental and quasi-experimental methods
* Conduct reviews of relevant literature that supports the research foundation of current products, informs the design of research and evaluation studies, and contribute to the development of new assessment products
* Implement and manage project schedules, plans, goals and budgets under the indirect supervision of the Director of Research and Psychometrics
* Master’s Degree in the social sciences (e.g., education, instructional technology, or psychology).
* 2+ years of experience in running record assessments, guided/leveled reading strategies, the response to intervention (RtI) framework, and the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts
* 2+ years of experience with experimental design, research project management, and educational measurement
* Ph.D. in the social sciences (e.g., education, instructional technology, or psychology)
* Excellent writing, analytic, and verbal presentation skills
* Previous elementary teaching experience.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds
Wireless Generation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.