Gain valuable hands-on experience in planning, supervising, implementing and evaluating a variety of youth recreation programs, including T-ball, tennis, park programs, sports camps, teen adventure camps, and the annual Tour de Tonka bike ride. Orientation, training and mentoring is provided.
• Work with a variety of age groups: preschool, youth, teens
• Develop leadership and management skills
• Develop public relations and customer service skills
• Gain experience working in a collaborative environment
• Apply coursework and theory in a large, fast-paced and comprehensive recreation program
1. Participate in program management, including program development, scheduling, budgeting, marketing, registration, facilities management, and staffing.
2. Assist in supervising and providing guidance for participants in summer youth programs, camps and special events.
3. Participate in planning, preparation of, and leading age-appropriate activities.
4. Establish a positive and friendly relationship with participants.
5. Assist in the supervision and training of program staff.
6. Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
1. Must be enrolled in a recreation, sports management, leisure studies, or community education degree program at an accredited college or university; juniors and seniors preferred.
2. Evidence of passion for working with youth
3. Evidence of positive interpersonal skills; ability to relate to both children and adults.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills
5. Evidence of understanding of and willingness to abide by confidentiality policy and practice
6. Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
7. Proven record of punctuality and responsibility
8. Current certification in CPR and first aid, or willingness to acquire (training will be provided for selected candidates not already certified.)
Application Method Details:
Apply online at minnetonka.k12.mn.us
For more details: