University Relations has just launched a mobile version of the University’s home page. The site is in “soft launch” mode, meaning users are not automatically redirecting incoming mobile devices to the site yet.
Links were carefully chosen to provide mobile users with the type of information they want from the University in a mobile format, whenever possible.
Icons link directly to the main mobile website for each unit except for the following:
- Maps & Parking is a mash-up of Google maps and our interactive maps. The “Parking” part of the link is meant to indicate that people can find parking facilities on the map and is not a link to Parking and Transportation.
- Buses goes to a page that allows users to find campus shuttles via the PTS Next Bus system or to see MTC timetables.
- Events & Calendars features feeds from the U’s main Events Calendar, the Student Union and Activities calendar, Gopher Sports calendar, UMAA events calendar, and the Academic calendar.
- Sports & Recreation allows users to choose from the mobile sites for Gopher Sports or Recreational Sports.
- Email is not mobile friendly, but focus groups indicated this was still an important link to include.
During the soft launch, take a look at what we’ve built and give your feedback by using the feedback link at the bottom of the mobile home page.
Access the new mobile home site here: http://m.umn.edu