CEHD Canvas Template
Based on the course design principles outlined in The Check, the CEHD Canvas template is part of a strategy for applying best practices to improve the CEHD student experience. The template provides instructors with a solid foundation for building an effective online course as soon as they request a site. See below for more information on how to use our Canvas template or write to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To Get Started
The template is located in Canvas Commons. Commons is a digital library of educational resources created by and shared with the community of Canvas users.
To Add the Template to a Blank Canvas Course Site
- Log into canvas.umn.edu.
- On the Canvas menu on the far left, choose Commons.
- Enter “CEHD Course Site Template” into the search box at the top of the page.
- Click the blue and white Import/Download button.
- Choose the course you want to add the template to. Note: you may need to search for the course by title or you can check the box next the course title in the list.
- Scroll down and click the blue and white Import into Course button.
To Add the Template to a Canvas Course Site with Content and Activities
Please note that while it is possible to apply the template to an active course, it is a bit more complex and may be a good opportunity to work with a member of our team. If you’d like help, let us know by contacting email@example.com.
- Follow the instructions to add the template to a blank course site, above.
- All template modules will be added to the course site after any existing modules.
- Move content from previous modules into the new modules from the template. See How do I move a module item? and How Do I Move or Reorder a Module?
- Delete modules you will no longer be using.
For more information and resources on Canvas visit our web page, Getting Started with Canvas.