CEHD Canvas Template
Based on the course design principles outlined in The Check, the CEHD Canvas template is part of a strategy for applying best practices to improve the CEHD student experience. The template provides instructors with a solid foundation for building an effective online course as soon as they request a site. See below for more information on how to use our Canvas template or write to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To Get Started
The template is located in Canvas Commons. Commons is a digital library of educational resources created by and shared with the community of Canvas users.
To Add the Template to a Blank Canvas Course Site
- Log into canvas.umn.edu.
- On the Canvas menu on the far left, choose Commons.
- Enter “CEHD Online Course Template 2020” into the search box at the top of the page. Note: you must be logged into canvas.umn.edu to find CEHD resources in Canvas Commons.
- Click the blue and white Import/Download button.
- Choose the course you want to add the template to. Note: you may need to search for the course by title or you can check the box next the course title in the list.
- Scroll down and click the blue and white Import into Course button.
To Add the Template to a Canvas Course Site with Content and Activities
Please note that while it is possible to apply the template to an active course, it is a bit more complex and may be a good opportunity to work with a member of our team. If you’d like help, let us know by contacting email@example.com.
- Follow the instructions to add the template to a blank course site, above.
- All template modules will be added to the course site after any existing modules.
- Move content from previous modules into the new modules from the template. See How do I move a module item? and How Do I Move or Reorder a Module?
- Delete modules you will no longer be using.
For more information and resources on Canvas visit our web page, Getting Started with Canvas.
Help us improve our resources. Take this one-minute survey.