Your Digital Education and Innovation team has a new opportunity for you to try out fresh tools, play with new software or apps, and explore campus resources. The Experimentation Lab provides a customized, supportive space for individual instructors or groups to test their ideas before implementing them with students. From content development software, to mobile Apps, to video equipment, the DEI team can set up the Experimentation Lab to accommodate your specific needs.
Example Experimentation Lab Topics
Play with one of these tools to enhance your lecture videos, deepen your observation conversations, or develop a multimedia assignment. What other hardware have you been eager to try?
- SWIVL video kit (a robot that rotates 360º to capture video and uses multiple microphones to capture audio)
- Green Screen (transforms the background of a video to a separately filmed video or image)
- Apple TV (allows for TVs and projectors to wirelessly stream content from laptops or iPads)
- Apple Pencil (an advanced stylus for the iPad that captures natural writing and drawing motions)
- iPad kit (stands to support an iPad while video recording and microphones to help capture clear audio)
- Lavalier microphones (Wired and wireless microphones to clip to a shirt for clear audio when speaking)
- Other hardware interests
There are myriad software tools available to support every aspect of teaching and learning. Come try something out–we can even be your test students!
- iPad Apps (Evernote, Flipgrid, Explain Everything, etc.)
- Web-based Apps (PollEverywhere, Edji, InsertLearning, VideoAnt, ChimeIn, etc.)
- Downloadable Software (Adobe Acrobat, Lucidchart, Zoom, etc.)
- Canvas Tools (Turnitin, UDOIT, Course Analytics, Library Course Page, etc.)
- Google Tools (Drive, Charts, My Maps, Sites, etc.)
Explore innovative spaces on campus.
- 1:Button Studios (to easily record lectures and presentations)
- Full-service video production studio (media specialists work with instructional staff to produce videos for their courses)
- Makerspaces (for prototyping, crafting, and design)
- Usability Lab (a high-tech space to observe and record data on someone using a product or design in real time)
- SMART Learning Commons (academic success centers located in libraries)
- Proctoring Centers (managed computer labs used as secure testing environments)