- Press and hold over any word – a magnifying glass will appear over it.
- Release your finger and two things will happen.
- Buttons will appear above the selected word: Select, Select All, and if text has already been copied, Paste.
- The highlighted word is also surrounded by blue “handles.”
- Drag the handles to select the portion of the sentence or paragraph.
- Then tap on Copy.
- Move your cursor to another location by tapping within an editable document such as a note or email message. Three buttons will appear—Select, Select All, Paste should appear.
- Select Paste.
© 2017 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy Statement