- Go to Settings >Wi-Fi. It may take a few moments for all of the available networks to load. Tap the name (not the blue circular button) of the network you want to join. On campus always use UofM Secure.
- Enter Internet ID (x500 username) and password in the appropriate fields. Tap Join.
NOTE: If the login screen fails to appear follow the instructions below to “Forget this network” and then repeat step 1.
- Tap to Accept the wireless certificate.
- The iPad should now show connected to UofM Secure. Contact TechStop for help if you need assistance with this setup.
Forget this Network
From time to time you may find that your iPad will not connect to a trusted network, such as UofM Secure or that of your favorite coffee shop. When this happens you will need to log into the Wi-Fi network again. Follow these steps to get the iPad to “forget” a network. Once a network is forgotten the login screen will appear after you select that network from the list of available networks (see step 1 under Wi-Fi Setup above).
1. Go to Settings >Wi-Fi.
2. Next to the network you want to rejoin, tap the circular blue button with the white arrow next to the name of that network.
3. At the top of the screen, tap the Forget this Network button. Confirm the change when asked.
4. Tap the Wi-Fi Networks button at the top of the screen to return to the list of available networks.
5. Follow the steps for Wi-Fi Setup above.