For Students, Faculty, and Staff: MyU One Stop

iPad Resources
College of Education and Human Development

Find My iPad is a service provided by Apple  to help you locate a lost or misplaced iPad using an iPhone, iPod touch, or another iPad.  If you have lost your iPad, you can go to www.icloud.com on a computer, sign in with your Apple ID, and click “Find My iPhone.”  It will show you the approximate location of the iPad on a full-screen map, compose a message that will appear on your iPad, play sound for two minutes, remotely lock the iPad, or remotely restore the iPad to its original factory settings erasing all information and media.

Turn on Find My iPad:

Go to Settings>iCloud tap the toggle button to turn on Find My iPad

If you lose your iPad:

1. go to http://www.icloud.com on any internet connected computer. Sign in with your Apple ID and click “Find my iPhone.” Note: This feature will also find your iPad (or Mac laptop if those services are enabled).
  2. Pick your missing iPad from the list of devices in the upper left corner.
  3. If your iPad is online, a map will show you the iPad’s approximate location. You can make it play a loud sound, put into lost mode (lock the screen and display a message of your choosing) or remotely erase all of your data from the device.

© 2017 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy Statement