Treks is all new for 2022!
Treks is an ongoing professional development opportunity for CEHD instructors hosted by the Digital Education and Innovation team. It features offerings related to teaching, learning, and technology designed to support instructors’ pedagogical goals. Whether you’re new to teaching or a veteran looking to refine or redesign your courses, Treks is for you.
Treks will be offered in three different formats for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Treks: Monthly Sessions
- Treks: Preparing for Spring (more information coming soon)
- Treks: Preparing for Fall 2023
These online workshops are designed to provide just-in-time support for instructors during the semester. The monthly sessions will include:
- One-hour sessions
- Timely topic presentations relevant to teaching with technology and the latest happenings in teaching and learning.
- Each topic offered twice per month, September through November.
- Sign up for sessions individually based on your interests and availability.
- Attend 3 monthly sessions in one semester to receive a letter of recognition (for clock hours, please contact us).
September 2022: Strategic Use of Recorded Video Discussions
In this session, we will compare recorded video discussions with other discussion formats, share example scenarios where recorded video discussions offer pedagogical advantages, and demonstrate tools for facilitating recorded video discussions. Our presentation will be followed by time for questions and answers and audience discussion.
This online workshop is designed to help you jumpstart your semester planning. It includes:
- Topic sessions organized into two tracks. You can stick to one track or mix and match.
- Get Started
- Get Inventive
- Build your own schedule by selecting which sessions you attend.
- Supported work time to apply your learning
- Attend at least 3 topic sessions to receive a letter of recognition (for clock hours, please contact us)
Treks: Preparing for Spring is open to all CEHD instructors who teach CEHD courses where students pay tuition and fees and have a Spring 2023 appointment. Graduate teaching assistants are welcome to register!
Check back for more information about our summer 2023 offerings.