Uploading a Video to Google Drive
- Download the free Google Drive app from the App Store. You can log into this app using your UMN x500 username and password.
- On the iMovie home page, with your movie in lights, tap the Export icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Camera Roll.
- Choose an export size from the pop-up menu.
- Exit iMovie.
- Open the Google Drive app.
- Tap the + icon and choose Upload Photo or Video
- From the Camera Roll pop-up tap your video
- Tap Use
- Your video will appear in My Drive and in Uploads with a new name like Video DATE TIME.mov, not the name you gave it within your iMovie app
When a video is uploaded to Google Drive you can share it by email using the Google Drive App
- Tap the Arrow following the name of the video, a new menu will open
- Slide Available Offline to On
- Tap the Export icon (this will also let you rename your movie)
- Tap Share
- Type the email addresses you want to share the video with
- Tap Add